Aimy Canonical Pro v21.0 Joomla 3.x
For search engine optimization (SEO), you prevent the problem of duplicate content by defining a canonical URL.
Aimy Canonical Pro v21.0
Aimy Canonical Pro creates a canonical link tag for your site. If your site can be accessed via several URLs, you can set your preferred domain name and protocol (http, https) using this plugin. For search engine optimization (SEO), you prevent the problem of duplicate content by defining a canonical URL.
Aimy Canonical Pro is easy to use and configure in less than 5 minutes: install the plugin, enter the URL once for all pages of your site in the plugin configuration and save the changes! There is a Russian language!
Additional features of the Pro version:
- Allows you to set your own canonical path (in Joomla articles, categories, tags and menu items)
- Includes VirtueMart Canonical SEF URLs
- Support for additional third-party extensions (i.e.HikaShop)
- Add query strings for pagination (i.e.? Start = 4)
- Includes workarounds for invalid SEF URL paths
- Custom trailing slash processing (canonical URL paths)
- Automatically removes unwanted canonical link tags (clearing head)
- Redirect URL to canonical inconsistencies
What is a canonical link tag (canonical URL)?
The canonical link tag can be set in the header of the HTML document.
If website content can be accessed at multiple URLs, the canonical link tag determines its source. This helps search engines index the right page and prevent indexing of duplicate content.
Please note that the canonical link tag is a recommendation only for search engines - it is not guaranteed that it will be used.
When do I need to establish a canonical link?
Typical cases of using canonical links:
- the site can be accessed via http and https (protocol)
- A website has more than one domain (my-website.com and mywebsite.com)
- there is a printed version of the site
- URLs include query strings (? Value = 1)
- In Joomla, an article is indicated by two menu items (for example, one article instead of using an alias)
- the site uses pagination