Ajax Scroll - endless scrolling Joomla 3.x
Ajax Scroll plugin will provide ajax content loading on pages with pagination
Ajax Scroll v1.5.2
As a result, you get the effect of "infinite scrolling" for your site, for example, VKontakte, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Can work with any Joomla components, with pagination links
- Uses AJAX technology
- The modern effect, both at large portals and social. networks
- Built-in page navigation via anchors #
- Autoscrolling to the desired page
- Ability to set download limit
The plugin is quite versatile - it can work both with the native component of materials (com_content), and with other third-party components, which use the native pagination of Joomla. This means that you can use "infinite scrolling" for example, in a category blog where you have a breakdown of materials into several pages, as well as in such components as Virtuemart, Joomshopping, etc. and load your goods with ajax.
At the moment, the AJAX Scroll plug-in has been tested and successfully works with the following components:
- com_content - standard component of materials (blog, news)
- Joomshopping - online store for Joomla
- Virtuemart - component of the online store
- AdsManager - component of the bulletin board
- Zoo - Content Designer
- K2 - Content Designer
- MijoShop - component of the online store for Joomla based on Opencart
Attention! At the moment we know that the plug-in will not be able to work with Hikashop
The principle of the plugin is simple - when the user on your site scrolls the page to the end, then the content will load from the second, then the third, etc. pages.
Convenience in using the plug-in is that the plug-in also keeps the page counter, displays the current page through a hash (anchor) - site.ru/blog#page/4, i.e. If your visitor stopped somewhere in the middle of the list, when you update the page, you will scroll to the desired location. Also, the visitor can copy such a link and share it with others - other users will also get to the desired site on the page.
On the search engines: for them everything will remain as before - the usual pagination, like ?start=24, ?start=48, etc., because the plugin simply hides it for ordinary users, and for bots it will be available in the source code.
The picture on the left shows the settings for the standard material component in Joomla 3.x on the Protostar template
- The container selector is the class or id of the block, in which your component and all its elements are displayed.
- The material selector is the class of the block in which the material taken, the goods, etc. are displayed.
- The pagination selector - class or block id, which contains all elements of the page break, must be unique and unique on the page.
- The selector of the next page is the class of the "Next" button, it must be unique.
These are the main parameters of the plug-in, you must pay attention to these 4 fields and fill them correctly, otherwise the plug-in will not work.
In the event that you do not have the required selector blocks, you need to add them in your template.
- End of list - text-notification about the end of the list.
- Button - the text of the button itself to continue downloading.
- Version of jQuery - if your site does not have a jQuery library, then specify the required version, for example 1.8.1, and it will be connected from the Google CDN. Please note, in this case, the library will be connected on all pages of your site. If there are library conflicts, then use the JB Library plug-in.
Parameters added with new versions
- update plg_ajax_scroll_v1.5.2
The button for the manual method "Load more" and the text at the end of the list became multilanguage. If your site has only one language, then the names of the button and text can be entered in the fields when editing the plugin. If your site is multilingual, then clear the fields in the plugin parameters, then the constants from the language files will be used, which you can edit in the Language Manager. By default, in the plug-in only 2 languages are Russian and English.