Econa v1.7.2 for Joomla Joomla 3.x
Econa v1.7.2 for Joomla will allow you to upload, resize, crop and edit images for Joomla and K2
Econa v1.7.2 for Joomla
Upload, resize, crop and edit images for Joomla and K2. Integrates with most Joomla custom fields, providing responsive images, retina images, auto image resizing, multiple sizes, image names, image editor and many other great features in one extension!
Responsive and Retina images for Joomla
Econa integrates responsive images into Joomla using the HTML5 srcset attribute. It allows you to define different image sizes to display on different devices. Your site will automatically display the most appropriate image size based on the visitor's device, conserving bandwidth and thus speeding up your site's loading time. Here's a quick overview of how it works:
- Resize the image according to your needs. You can choose the width and quality of resizing for each one.
- Add rules to determine what image size will be served using CSS media queries.
It makes it easy to add responsive images to your website. Did the firecoders authors mention that Econa can handle retina images as well? If you define additional sizes for higher resolution images, Retina devices will automatically receive these images.
Both Joomla articles and items in K2 now get a great image editor! Econa allows you to perform basic image editing operations such as cropping, rotating and flipping directly in the Joomla and K2 article editing forms.
Custom image names for K2 elements
Improve K2 SEO by naming your K2 item images! You can enter the desired filename for the item image in the appropriate field that Econa adds on the K2 Image tab in the item edit form.
Joomla images in articles
If for some reason you still want to use the "Intro" and "Full" base images that Joomla provides, Econa has everything you need! Econa will add an image editor to these images so you can edit them! Alternatively, you can set the width you want and Econa will automatically resize these images when you save the article.
Resize image content
Econa can also optimize images that users add to Joomla articles or K2 element texts! There are two methods available to process content images:
Simple method: Any image added using the WYSIWYG editor will be resized to the dimensions set by the user using the editor. Let's say, for example, that one site user uploads a really high resolution image to insert into the body of an article. He then resizes the image using a WYSIWYG article editor to 600x600 pixels. Usually Joomla loads a large image in the front-end and then the browser resizes it to 600x600 pixels. This adds a lot of additional unnecessary load to the page. With this method, the image will automatically resize to 600x600 pixels, saving your site's bandwidth!
Responsive Images Method: This method allows you to define up to ten sizes to be generated for images added to the content of Joomla articles and K2 elements. Econa will automatically generate an HTML5 srcset attribute based on the generated images to make the images inserted into the WYSIWYG editor responsive!
Econa plugin package overview:
- Integration of custom fields. Add multiple resizable images using custom fields.
- Image editor with cropping, rotating and scaling functions.
- Several sizes for each instance of the image, depending on the configuration.
- Responsive images. Your site will automatically serve the most appropriate image size based on the visitor's device.
- Retina images.
- Asynchronous loading of images.
- Automatic image resizing.
- Image editor for K2.
- Custom image names for K2.
- Displaying an image in modal mode (optional).
- Image title, credits and alt field.
- Custom filename for uploaded images.
- Resize image images (images embedded in text).
- Resizing of article images (main images “Intro” and “Full”).
Compatible with Joomla 3.7 or later!