Module Language switch for Virtuemart virtuemart 3 and 2
Language switcher for virtuemart products and categories. Switch the language in your store's products and categories. Replace and extend Joomla language with this module
Module Language switch for Virtuemart
Language switch for Virtuemart
Make it easy to navigate between languages in your Virtuemart store!
In the Joomla system, you have to link each language-to-language page to a language module.
This module directly links products, categories and manufacturers for all languages configured in your store!
Just create a link from the home page of your Virtumart store for each language and activate the multilingual plugin in Joomla.
Everything else is automatic!
If the translation is in another language, it is used, otherwise - to the category or to the home address of the store.
If a matching page is found, this is reported to Google. And directs the client to the right page as soon as your site is linked
Thanks to the goggle hreflang tag.
An additional direct link to each page for each language will increase the visibility of products and categories.
Similar to the Joomla language module!
The display and settings are the same as in the original (mod_languages), so you definitely have nothing to worry about during the integration.
Change from 11/29/2016 - Now compatible with various SEF Virtuemart 3.0.18+ variants.
Change from 16/12 2018 - Fix for correct rewrite when the product is a Joomla menu and code changes for href lang.
This module displays a list of available languages (as defined and published in the content tab of the language manager) for switching between them when someone wants to use Joomla as a multilingual site.
The System - Language Filter plugin must be enabled.
When switching languages and if the menu item displaying the page is not associated with another menu item, the module is redirected to the home page defined for the selected language.
Otherwise, if a parameter is set for a language filter plugin, it will redirect to the corresponding menu item in the selected language. After that, the navigation will be the one that is defined for this language.
If the plugin "System - Language Filter" is disabled, it may have unwanted results.
1. Open the Language Manager Content tab and verify that the languages you want to use in your content are published and have a language code for the URL and a prefix for the image used when displaying the module.
2. Create a home page by assigning a language to the menu item and defining it as the default home page for each language in the published content.
3. After that, you can assign a language to any article, category, module, news feed, web links in Joomla.
4. Make sure the module is published and the plugin is enabled.
5. When using linked menu items, make sure the module appears on the appropriate pages.
6. How flags or language names are displayed is determined by the order in Language Manager - Content Languages.
After the module is published, it is suggested to publish the module of the multilingual administrator status.