Watermark Plugin for Virtuemart 3 virtuemart 3 and 2
This plugin allows you to overlay a watermark on the images of goods in Virtuemart 3 and works on any folder with images in the Joomla system
Watermark Plugin for Virtuemart 3
This plugin allows you to impose a watermark on the images of goods in Virtuemart 3 and in any folder of the Joomla system. This universal solution will help you to impose Watermark on pictures not only in VM, but also in Joomla and other solutions (components) where folders for image storage are used. Since the plugin is sharpened by a watermark in Virtuemart, the default path to the standard image folder is specified in it (images/virtuemart/product/). You can simply specify or add a folder (path starting from the root) or several similar paths each from a new line and get a finished watermark on your images without overwriting them. The plugin uses its folder to store these images and does not overwrite the original version. It is easy to reset just by clearing the cache directly in the settings of the Joomla itself (cache group wm_mark).
- 2 types of watermark application (Standard and Transparent). We recommend using Transparent and a picture on a transparent background in PNG format for a more beautiful effect. Keep in mind that in the first version of NORMAL, you can use any graphic file, and in the option TRANSPARENT, you must use a watermark file in PNG format with a transparent background.
- Allows you to turn off the watermark for certain groups of users. Select the necessary user groups for which you do not want to display Watermark, for example, you don’t want to see it yourself on your site, then in the exceptions you specify the Super User group from the list and after authorization you see the original images without a watermark.
- You can specify specific folders for applying a watermark in the desired subdirectory. (Since the plugin was made for Virtuemart, a group of images for the product images/virtuemart/product/ was entered by default). Allows you to specify multiple folders on the new line to be watermarked. Add paths from the site root to the processed image folders, each path from a new line. In this case, the initial sign/is not entered.
- Process subfolders (yes - no). If this option is enabled, then all images in folders below the specified level will be processed, thus, at the “yes” mark, you will cover all internal folders with just the root directory.
- Path for files with Watermark (default cache/wm_mark/). Allows you to specify the path where the files with Watermark will be stored. The initial and final characters are also not entered. The folder must be created and access rights must be configured. It is unacceptable to include this folder in the list of processed folders.
- File extensions (default jpg, png, gif). This paragraph already lists the necessary types of graphic files on which you want to impose a watermark. Overlaying will pass only on those types of files that are specified, others will not. This way you can adjust the overlay on certain types of images. The graph is fully editable.
- The minimum size in px (by default 0). Allows you to specify the minimum image size (width and height) available for watermarking. If the size is below the specified, then the watermark does not overlap.
- Transparency overlay (default 50). Allows you to specify the required percentage of transparency of the watermark (from 0 to 100). Valid only for the CUSTOM watermark creation option.
- Quality (default 90). Allows you to specify the optimal percentage (from 0 to 100) of image quality, given that the higher the percentage, the larger the file size and the higher the image quality.
- File watermark (specify or download directly from the plugin). You can download your image directly from the plugin without long searching, marking and entering paths. It is also convenient to view this image without a modal window.
- Position watermark. Specify the desired position of the watermark location by selecting it from the options: Center, Left-Top, Left-Bottom, Right-Top, Right-Bottom or Stretch a watermark under the image.
- Text on a watermark (enter your own or delete before turning on Joomlok). If necessary, enter the text in the appropriate column, it is necessary to take into account - if you do not have a font file connected, then Cyrillic texts are not supported, text output is only in one line and it is impossible to change the angle of the text.
- Font size. Enter in this field the required font size to display the text typed in the previous field.
- Position of text x. Indicates where to move text along the X axis.
- Position of text y. Indicates where to place the text on the Y axis.
- Font color. Allows you to specify the font color in RGB, for example: 255,255,355 (this is white)
- TTF font file. Enter the path from the site root and the font file name. You must download the necessary font yourself, indicate the direct path to it and make sure that it is Cyrillic for the text on a watermark to work in Russian format. Be sure to keep in mind that this initial / not entered.
- The angle of the text. New option for beauty, where it is possible to specify the desired angle of the text. Runs only when the font file is loaded.
Tested on Virtuemart 3.4.2 + Joomla 3.9.3. Due to the versatility and flexibility of the program code, it is possible to work on earlier versions. Our exclusive refinement.
Installation: The plugin should be installed through the Joomla extension manager. It is worth remembering that before enabling the solution you need to configure it, after switching on the plugin already imposes WaterMark. In this case, the original file is not changed, but a copy is created in the cache/wm_mark folder, and Watermark is overlaid on it. When changes are made in the settings of the plugin, for the changes to take effect, you must delete the copies of the files with the sign from the cache/wm_mark folder. This is done through the function of cleaning the cache (Menu - Site - Maintenance - Clear the entire cache).